JOIN ME LIVE ON TWITCH to debut this awesome update!
OPTIMIZATION / STABILIZATION
- Improved and optimized VFX for surface bullet impacts (9mm to 14mm).
- Optimized Texture memory of environment assets (phase 1)
- Fixed a Client performance hitch that was related to asynchronous audio loading. Players with certain hardware would often experience a pronounced client-side hitch (lag/delay) whenever a new sound would play in that match.
L / R Voip Channel Separation for Squad Leaders
- This new feature gives the ability for a player to set an option in the Settings → Audio Menu to split the Squad Leader VOIP Radio “Squad Leader / Command Channel” and “Squad Channel” to Left or Right audio channel.
- The 3 Toggle Options for SL Command Channel and Squad Channel VOIP are:
- Left Channel / Center Channel / Right Channel.
- This feature does not affect Local Proximity VOIP.
VOIP Prioritization Dampening for Leadership
- When the Squad Leader is using the Squad Radio VOIP channel (default B Key), any Squad member that is transmitting at the same time on this channel has their volume dampened automatically by 50% (variable configurable in settings).
- The purpose of this sound dampening is so that the Squad Leader’s transmission is prioritized above all Squad members, which is intended to help the Squad Leader command his squad more effectively, ensuring the Squad Leader always has priority over squad members.
- Likewise, when the Commander is using the SL Command VOIP Channel (default G Key), any Squad Leaders that may be transmitting at the same time on this channel will have their volume dampened automatically by 50%. This is to ensure the Commander has priority over SLs.
- Leader VOIP Prioritization configuration is available in Settings -> Audio Menu.
- This feature does not affect the volume of Local Proximity VOIP.
- Added a modern SVDM that includes a bipod and new scope to the RUS Marksman Kit.
- Adjusted Infantry Movement Speed to be decreased slightly (roughly 2% decrease).
- Adjusted the soldier physics asset/collision so it covers the entire groin/pelvic area – shots to this area should land more consistently.
- Adjusted origin for all pistols to be a little more to the right side, making the pistol profile more prominent when not in ADS.
- Adjusted CAF Kit Inventory: Medic (C8A3+Holo Site) and Auto Rifleman (Iron sight) now have binoculars.
- Adjusted CAF C14 magazine rearm cost: Increased from 2 to 15 to be more in line with other kits.
- Adjusted CAF C14 damage to be one 1 hit kill on most shots, including limb hits.
- Adjusted GB Rifleman (L85 + SUSAT) frag grenade count from 2 to 1.
- Fixed an issue with persistent ammo where Players will spawn with depleted ammo on their first spawn on a server. This occurs if a player was in the match during the map switch but did not spawn during the staging phase. Players will now always spawn with full ammo on their first-ever spawn on that match.
- Added two variants of the Tigr Armored Car to the RUS vehicle arsenal: RWS with Kord HMG & Open Top Turret with Kord HMG. The Open Top Turret variant carries 600 ammo and has 8 seats. The RWS variant has 9 seats, but carries only 300 ammo. These new armored cars are the RUS answer to fast armed transport for infantry Squads.
- Added the RUS Kamaz5350 Truck to replace the Ural4350 for RUS Logistics & Transport Trucks. These new trucks help bring RUS into the modern era.
- Added two variants of the CAF LAV3 RWS APC for CAF: LAV3 RWS with C6 and LAV3 RWS with M2. This Armored Personnel Carrier is intended to fill the role of light troop transport for CAF, while having some additional firepower in the 3rd seat with an open-top C6.
- Fixed players spawning on the roof of the Insurgent HAB.
- Adjusted both the height & angle of the deployable Sandbag firing windows to have increased visibility/firing lines, especially with bipod weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the radial menu when a player would Left click and then become stuck while opening and closing the radial menu.
- Adjusted visibility of underwater post-processing volume – players will no longer be able to see far ahead while underwater.
- Adjusted player collision on Norwayspruce_Large02.
- Improved the accuracy of the collisions on all Populus Euphratica trees.
- Fixed missing collisions on multiple ME Prefabs of the rooftop Water Container.
- Fixed incorrect LOD material and pushed out Proxy LOD on Market Buildings.
- Fixed some missing faces on the static Hiace van/minibus.
- Fixed DF resolution of middle eastern drapes
- Fixed player collision on ME_UrbRes_Bld_Lg_02 which allowed players to slightly clip thru walls.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed a Player that got kicked from a squad while incapacitated to keep that kit instead of being given the Recruit kit.
- Fixed an issue with EAC kicking players on certain servers unintentionally.
- Added a Gameplay Layer Validator Tool. This is a modular plug-and-play scripting framework that modders can use to quickly check over their gameplay layers to see if there are any potential errors. Updated the description of old GameplayLayerChecks blueprint to make clear it is deprecated.
- Fixed floating foliage in the out of bounds surrounding landscape.
- Al Basrah Invasion v2 – Fixed GB Helicopter pad being partially outside map boundary.
- Fixed missing wood material of the grand temple.
- Adjusted spline segments to avoid aggressive deformation of mud walls.
- Adjusted LODs on loam wall set to use custom screen size and reduction, to prevent distortion when used on splines.
- Fixed materials on pieces of the underground tunnel, including cables, pipes and chain link fence.
- Fixed a road edge above the terrain in grid F3-9-7.
- Fixed floating roads in grids E2-7-7, E2-5-9, F2-4-1, C5-6-6, B3-3-4, A5-6-4, D5-7-2.
- Fixed a floating shed at grid B2-5-2.
- Fixed floating rocks at grid B6-7-4 & A2-2-6.
- Fixed a concrete floor that had stretched / blurry texture at Fortress POI.
- Fixed a floating tree, tree trunk, and boulder in grid D4-9-3.
- Fixed a bunker that had a high floor that Required jumping to enter at grid B1-1-1.
- CAF Gorodok RAAS v1 – Fixed incorrect Collisions on Helipads, Protection Zones and Capture Zones.
- Optimized the Tamarix shrub types, reducing from 5 types to 1 for performance.
- Fixed the harsh brightness transition on scoped weapons on certain Lashkar lighting layers by adjusting vignette settings.
- Fixed a missing end post on a wall grid F5-5-2.
- Removed a bugged burnt shipping container from grid K11-8-6.
- Removed the mysterious spherical invisible object from the sky above the Vineyard POI.
- Lashkar Valley RAAS v1 – Fixed incorrect Collisions on Helipads, Protection Zones and Capture Zones.
- Added blocking volume to prevent players from glitching through the tunnel roof.
- Fixed the deepwater damage volume not working
- Fixed the damage volume that prevents players from sliding down the side of the dam.
- Fixed a few floating objects.
- CAF_Manic-5_RAAS_v1 & v3 – Increased number of caps from 5 to 7.
- CAF_Manic-5_RAAS_v4 – Increased number of caps from 5 to 6.
- CAF_Manic-5_RAAS_v2 – Changed to sunset lighting, rebalanced available vehicles.
- CAF_Manic-5_Invasion_v1 – Changed teams from RUS attacks CAF to CAF attacks MIL, temporary spawn location moved closer to first CP.
- CAF_Manic-5_Invasion_v2 – Changed vehicle layout to favor attackers, added heli to attackers, temporary spawn location moved closer to first CP.
- Fixed floating road at grid E7-5-8.
- Fixed a missing post on a wall.
- Fixed various floating barricades.
- Fixed an urban building that had a bugged staircase leading to nowhere.
- CAF Nanisivik Invasion v1 – Fixed incorrect Collisions on Helipads, Protection Zones and Capture Zones.
- Fixed materials on sidewalks at US Main that was causing Z-fighting (flickering textures).
- Fixed certain Bus Stops having flickering glass in grid F4-2-4.
- Fixed the water damage volume not being aligned to the waterline.
- Adjusted the collision on the Train Depot staircase to be more accurate.
- Fixed the water damage volume not being aligned to the waterline.
- Fixed Silo door trapping players at grid R14-5-9.
- Fixed floating ammo boxes at grid R13-1-8.
- Fixed the floating grass in various locations around Yehorivka.
- An option in Audio Settings Menu was added in B21 for Audio Hardware selection for Input and Output. This option is currently not working 100% correctly and is still a work in progress. In a future update, you will be able to change your input and output device within Squad, in the Audio Settings. This will be very helpful when troubleshooting headset issues in Squad. For the time being, if you restart your game client, the settings should correctly apply.
- Occasional Player (Client) crashes in various circumstances. Detailed crash reports help us fix things faster, and we truly appreciate those that have filled out and sent in crash reports.
- Player (Client) occasional crash at the end of a round, upon map switch, due to a UE4 Particle Crash bug upon seamless map travel. Actively pursuing a fix for this crash.
- Commander – When the commander changes to the UAV camera, he cannot hear local audio anymore, even though he still sees local audio transmissions in the bottom left corner. Others can still hear him when he talks. Additionally, when leaving the UAV camera, he hears all of the local audio broadcasts at the same time, originating from the point where they were initially transmitted from – even if the person doing the transmission has moved afterward. Will be addressed in a future update.
- Helicopters have various handling and Client/Server hitch issues and small bugs that are being actively developed and will be addressed in future updates.
- Vehicle Reset Feature does not currently work with Helicopters.
- Vehicle Reset Feature can freeze a vehicle in the air if used too close to a tree.
- Occasionally a player does not spawn at a Rally Point. This often happens when numerous players are spawning in at the same time — This will be addressed in a future update.
- Server performance may periodically dip when a server has a high population and high load. We are continuously working to improve server performance and optimization.
- ATGM projectiles desync for other players that are not the gunner, however, what the gunner sees should be the actual synced projectile. This is an inherent problem, and the solution is currently in long term development.
- Vehicles parking brake gets stuck “On” if a player exits the vehicle while holding the parking brake (Default Spacebar). When encountering a vehicle that appears healthy but is not able to move, try hitting Spacebar to turn the parking brake “Off’ — This will be addressed in a future update.
- “Alt-tabbing” out of Squad during a loading screen freezes the client. The recommended solution, for now, is to run Squad in the “Borderless” mode. This can be changed in Settings -> Graphics.
- Ammo rack component (on IFVs and Tanks) takes a very long time to repair. — This will be addressed in a future update.
- Audio module for Squad is initialized at the game start. If a player does not have a microphone plugged in at launch, or accidentally unplug their microphone and then plug it back in, Squad needs to be restarted to get the microphone to work again — This will be addressed in a future update.
- SFX bug while Firing in full auto. If the player presses the fire button for a short period, the sound effect gives the impression that you fired more rounds then you did — This will be addressed in a future update.
- Localization for most language translations is currently out of date. We plan to push a full localization pass in a future release as we lock down the text that needs to be translated for the game.
- The new L/R audio options will not apply correctly if changed while the player is within a server, the player will need to apply these settings beforehand or disconnect and rejoin if they are already in a server. We intend to have this fixed in B21.1
- RUS Tigr Driver Smoke Launcher is not displaying correctly for other player’s outside the vehicle. This issue will be fixed in a future update.
- RUS Tigr gearbox has an issue between the 3rd and 4th gear, causing non-smooth acceleration on those gears. This issue will be fixed in b21.1
- RUS Kamaz5350 Logistic Truck uses incorrect vehicle icon (Transport Icon instead of Logistics item). This issue will be fixed in b21.1
Local/Offline Issues & Bugs (these currently have a lower priority):
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – Insurgent / Militia Handheld Drone does not move in local. Local/Offline issues currently have a lower priority.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – UAV hovers in one position instead of moving along the flight path in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – CAS does not do damage in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Vehicles: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Tracks, Wheels, and other components are not destructible while on the Jensen’s Range in Local play.
- Local/Offline Bug with Weapon damages: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Weapon damages with both Infantry and Vehicle weapons are not accurately replicated.
- Local/Offline Bug with Scoped Emplacements: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, if a player exits an Emplacement while looking through the scope, the Scope remains on the Player’s HUD until they get back in the Emplacement and then Scope out.